Saturday, October 16, 2010

Meet the Dancers Series: Part Six!


Thank you to all that joined us at our cocktail party this past week! It was a great night and we are very thankful to have so much support. There are only a few more dancers in the 'Meet the dancers Series' so do not miss out... meet



Alex Gordon
Full name: Alex Jarrard Gordon
Age: 23
Hometown: Beaumont, TX
College and location: Washington University in St. Louis; STL, MO
Favorite TV show (s): The Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Nurse Jackie, Dexter
Favorite movie: Anything Horror related
Favorite book: It's been a while
Most visited website: allfg.org
Favorite places in Columbia: Sven's Cafe
What are some of your expectations for the upcoming year with MCB?
I expect to be pushed to a higher level in my dance training. It has been less then two weeks and I already feel like I am learning so much! I am learning to grow as a dancer and an artist.

If you could invite anyone to dinner, living or deceased, who would it be and why?
Ulysses Dove. He is hands down one of my favorite Choreographer and I love his works. Dance for him seemed to be more than just an art. It was a way of life and another way to speak when words were simply not enough. The power, elegance and precision of his pieces make me wanna sit him down and absorb as much brilliance as I can from him.

Favorite indulgence: Chocolate cheesecake

Craziest moment onstage:
Once I had to do an outside performance in a park, at night, on an extremely tilted stage, and the humidity left water all over the stage. There was a point at the beginning of Act 2 were I had to fall off the top of the stage and tumble down to the very tip where the audience was seated, drinking wine and silently watching. I was so nervous that I would slide right off onto a ladies lap that end up sharing her bottle for the night...unfortunately with this story I didn't and all went well but it was crazy...at least in my head. 

What do you like to do in your free time?
I love to draw and sketch. I'm really just an artist who is looking to express himself. I like to choreograph as well and my friends and I go to the studio and fool around with material. I love to stay active and the outdoors. Hiking and camping are really great.

Words to live by? 
Regret doing it...but make sure you do it. No Regrets!

No comments: