Monday, October 4, 2010

Meet the Dancers Series: Part Four

Hello Bloggers! MCB had a fantastic experience with Jennifer Medina last week! Make sure you catch her piece in 'Over the Edge' at the Blue Note November 20th and 21st. Coming up this week is Artrageous Friday! We will open our studio doors from 6-9pm on Friday where you can actually catch a sneak peak of Jennifer Medina's piece and the rest of 'Over the Edge'. Hope to see you there! In the mean time, lets get reacquainted with....


Cassie Roloff!






Full name: Cassondra Nicole Roloff

Age: 20


Hometown: Wausau, WI


Favorite TV show (s): House, How I Met Your Mother, Glee


Favorite movie: How to Train Your Dragon (so cute!)


Favorite book: I love books written by Nora Roberts and also Dean Koontz. I recently started reading Under the Dome by Stephen King and would definitely recommend it!


Most visited website: Facebook


Favorite places in Columbia: Yogoluv!!!

How long have you been with the company?
This is my second season with MCB, but it is my first year as a company member.

What are some of your expectations for the upcoming year with MCB?
I have three expectations:
1. to grow as a dancer and as a person
2. to build new friendships and strengthen old ones
3. to have fun!

What are you looking forward to most this year?
The thing that I am most excited about this year is being choreographed into more works. Since I wasn't a full company member last year I wasn't able to be in as many pieces, and I am really excited to be able to dance much more this year!

Craziest or favorite moment of last year.
A moment of last year that I like to look back on and laugh at would be during one of our performances of ROCK. There was a number where I was supposed to hand an empty coffee cup to one of the dancers onstage (Genene) and then she would dance with it enthusiastically. We had a prop table where I had assumed the cup would be, but Genene (thinking that she was being nice and doing me a favor) had moved the cup to a spot that was RIGHT next to where I stood when I handed it to her. Of course, I never thought to look for the cup there and when I couldn't find it on the prop table, I began to panic. However, there just so happened to be a mostly empty, used coffee cup on the table instead, along with a roll of masking tape. In a quick fix I decided to use this cup and put tape over the holes on the lid so that Genene wouldn't end up with coffee all over her face when she turned the cup upside down.

What have you done to keep your self busy since the season was over in May?
After the season ended in May, I went back home to spend time with my family in Wisconsin. While I was there, I did a lot of teaching for the Wausau Academy of Dance and for the Allegro Regional Dance Theater. I also participated in Introspect Dance Company's performance of "How to Save a Life."

Advice for the new dancers.
Stay strong and keep your chin up! Transitioning to a new place with new people can always be hard, but we are some of the few people who get to do what we love everyday, and that makes those struggles so much easier to get through. You are special and were chosen to be here for a reason, so don't ever forget that! Let's have a great year together!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awsome Cassie, we love and miss you! keep living the dream :) we are so proud