Monday, October 11, 2010

Meet the Dancers Series: Part Five!

Thank you everyone who came out of Artrageous Friday! We had a blast having people partake in our rehearsals! Now it's time to learn more about......

Genene McGrath  



Full name: Genene Helen McGrath
Age: 22 (23 on October 17th)
Hometown: Jamison, Pa
College and location: Point Park University, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Favorite TV show (s): Anything on the USA network (starting with NCIS and Burn Notice)
Favorite movie: I have not seen very movies lately that I have been blown away by….any suggestions?
Favorite book: I am currently reading “The Girl who Played with Fire” and I am obsessed!
Most visited website: Facebook
Favorite places in Columbia: Broadway Brewery
How long have you been with the company? This will be my second year with the company.
What are some of your expectations for the upcoming year with MCB? I expect to grow and learn more as a dancer and performer just I had done last year. (I am very excited about that)
What are you looking forward to most this year? I am looking forward to dance with the new members and get to know them as people. Also, I am excited for all of the performances we will be doing in surrounding towns in Missouri!
Craziest or favorite moment of last year.  My favorite moment from last year was working with the musicians for our show “Live”. I have never felt so inspired as I did when I was on stage with Fernando during Karen’s duet “Without Consent.” The combination of dance and music was breathtaking.
What have you done to keep yourself busy since the season was over in May? Over the summer I choreographed a couple pieces for a school in Pennsylvania called International Ballet Theatre. I also spent two weeks in New York attending a summer workshop with Complexions Contemporary Ballet.
Advice for the new dancers.
Work hard and have fun!



3 comments:

christine scarpill said...

So proud of you! You are a beautiful person as well as an amazing dancer!!!

Ness said...

my sisters is amazing!

the grents said...

We can't wait to see you dance again!! You are beautiful!!!!