Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Meet the Dancers Series: Part Three

Hello!! We hope everyone is having a great week because we know that we are! Jennifer Medina is doing wonderful things in our studio this week and we are all feeling so lucky to have her. But besides Jennifer we want to move on in our Meet the Dancers Series! Today is someone that you should recognize! Meet (again).......


Fernando Rodriguez!



Full name: Fernando A. Rodriguez II
Age: 23
Hometown: Fort Gratiot
College and location: I attended Grand Valley State University in Michigan
Favorite TV show (s): I am engrossed in Dexter, Modern Family and The Gates.
Favorite movie: I really enjoy independent films and Drop Dead Gorgeous always cracks me up!
Favorite book: Of Mice and Men and Siddhartha
Most visited website: A tie for first is between Facebook and Youtube, followed by Google for the occassional spellcheck. (And by occassional I mean ususally, ha)
Favorite places in Columbia: My favorite place to go is Broadway Brewery, I really enjoy the enviorment and menu selection.
How long have you been with the company? This is my second season with MCB. I am very excited to be back!
What are some of your expectations for the upcoming year with MCB? Working with MCB last year was such an amazing experience. All of the artistic staff and dancers are phenominally talented people, I can only expect to enjoy the upcoming year as much as the last.
What are you looking forward to most this year? I am looking forward to working with our guest choreographers and getting to know the new company members. I also look forward to my continuing growth as an artist, dancer and person.
Craziest or favorite moment of last year. My favorite moment last year was performing in MCB's LIVE concert. There is nothing like the feeling you get when dancing to live music! It energizes both the dancer and the audience. It's really great to see that the arts and artist in Columbia collaborating.
What have you done to keep your self busy since the season was over in May? During my time off I was able to perform, take dance classes, work and have a little vacation time. After the season ended in May I performed as a guest artist the next month with the Stephens College Summer Dance Program. I was happy to be performing again and to meet everyone at the Stephens College Summer Dance. I also traveled with a friend (one of the company members), Genene, to her home town in Pennsylvania. It was great to spend vacation time with Genene and her family, we even went to a Phillies baseball game!!!!!
Advice for the new dancers. My advice for the new dancers is to know why you are dancing and to use that passion on stage, as well as in the studio. My favorite places in Columbia are restaurants so let me know if you are ever want to dine out. Enjoy the season!!!!

No comments: